Interdisciplinary Course on Antibiotics and Resistance
The emergence and spread of bacteria resistant to many drug classes seriously threaten all branches of modern medicine. There is currently no course providing advanced instruction on antibiotics and resistance. The specific goal of ICARe is to bring leaders in academics and industry together with trained scientists at the dawn of their careers. Cutting-edge approaches for the study of resistance and antibiotic discovery will be examined.
- October 7 - 15, 2023
- Location : Les Pensières Center for Global Health
- Application: March 20– June 21, 2023
- Late applications will be considered based on space availability
- Language: English
- Other: Contact us
- Public organization / university: 1000 € = 1500 $ cdn
- Private company: 3000 € = 4500 $ cdn
- Lodging & meals package: 2150 €
- 8 nights / 9 days
The objective of ICARe is to train the next generation of scientists implicated in the study of bacterial resistance to antibiotics and the finding of new drugs.
- Antibiotic resistance & discovery
- Modes of action of & mechanisms of resistance to existing classes
- Origin, mutations, & transfer of resistance
- Antibiotic discovery
- Antibiotic development & approval
- Strategies for more focused applications of antibiotics
- Susceptibility determination & identification of resistance mechanisms
- new anti-Infective strategies
ICARe is designed for assistant professors, new industry scientists, ID fellows, and postdoctoral research associates, as well as members from developing areas contending with the challenge of managing antibiotic resistance with limited resources. Attendance will be limited to 40 students and will reflect the global nature of the problem.
Les Pensières Center for Global Health
Part of the Mérieux Foundation, Les Pensières Center for Global Health is a conference center with a public health mission. It welcomes over 5,000 professionals of the health sector every year, from a range of countries and disciplines, who attend leading-edge conferences and training sessions. Located on the shores of Lake Annecy (France), at the Swiss border, Les Pensières offers a unique working environment that promotes dialogue and knowledge-sharing. The Center provides a cutting-edge audio-video equipment to accomodate both onsite and video conferences. Les Pensières has been hosting the ICARe course since 2016.